Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 14:09:45 +0300

From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 11:54:50 +0300

Vim is consistent.

So is Emacs.  Inconsistencies in key bindings are rare exceptions in
Emacs.  Even the tutorial makes the point of explaining the rules for
consistent keybindings in basic editing commands.

In the basics, sure. But I wouldn't still be using Emacs if it only provided basics.

We pride ourselves on being more than just an editor. But the more features a program provides, the more important it is to have a logical common structure and similar underlying principles under all those features. Or how else is a person supposed to remember how to use all of them?

Anyway, you seem to be agreeing with me, but this discussion started from Ergus giving an example of one such inconsistency. And I have yet to see you state a solid opinion about it in particular.