Re: 26.2; Strange slowness in some Info nodes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 26.2; Strange slowness in some Info nodes
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 22:58:58 +0300

> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 19:24:14 +0000 (GMT)
> From: ndame <emacsuser@freemail.hu>
>
> Yes, thank you. With that set to t the scrolling slowness disappears.
>
> The strange thing is I tested the problem with emacs -q, so it
> didn't use any of my usual fonts, it picked up only the windows
> system default fonts.

If you have additional fonts installed, beyond those which came with
Windows out of the box, Emacs will examine them even in "emacs -Q".
When Emacs needs to find a font for some character, it enumerates all
the fonts installed on the system, and then examines them to find the
one that can actually display the character.  This happens even
without non-default customizations.