Any tricks to speedup nnimap?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: Any tricks to speedup nnimap?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 00:54:18 +0530

Hi,

I am using Gnus to read news and emails. News is fine. Whenever I open
an unread article, it opens in a snap. Really fast. Some prefetch
mechanism is at play. I haven't done anything to speed up news. This is
default behaviour in my Emacs 26.3

But when inside an nnimap group, it takes time to open an email. I press
<RET> on any email then it connects to server to fetch. Is it possible
to prefetch emails? I want the news like fast behaviour in reading
emails.

I have tried following things:

;; (1) globally
(setq gnus-asynchronous t)
(setq gnus-use-article-prefetch 30) ; this is default

;; (2) under nnimap server section
(nnimap-fetch-partial-articles t)

These (above) two approaches aren't working on emails.

I have read some articles that recommend "mbsync" and "dovecot". But
that is a dependency on external tools. I would prefer native emacs
approach if it is possible.

--
Regards,
Pankaj Jangid