Re: Best Emacs Mail client.

From: VanL
Subject: Re: Best Emacs Mail client.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 00:24:09 +1100

Emanuel Berg writes:

> VanL wrote:
>

>> Nothing there, the sysload is at zero
>> baseline. I continue on Emacs on separate
>> other hardware.
>
> I'm not following...

The Gnus on i386+1gb stalls on start for
a long while.  The mouse pointer changes
to hourglass.  Gnus is unresponsive.
Possible causes for delay I can think of
would be observed in the sysload
climbing, but it doesn't.

> Anyway I have used Gnus on three different
> computers, none of them particularly fast by
> today or yesterday's standards, and the RPi
> mentioned in the thread (that I'm using as
> I type this in a Gnus message buffer) certainly
> isn't a beast, and cannot be, either.

I experience Gnus delay on 3 different
computers, because the delay didn't
cause sysload to climb I put Gnus on the
weakest computer.

--
LoL,
  əə0@ 一 二 三 言 語 𝔖