Re: Best Emacs Mail client.

From: VanL
Subject: Re: Best Emacs Mail client.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 21:51:18 +1100

Pankaj Jangid <p4j@j4d.net> writes:

> Could you please do this test:
>
> 1. Configure SMTP on local machine to relay using exim, postfix etc.
> 2. Configure Gnus to use local SMTP - (setq message-send-mail-function
> 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
> 3. Shoot a test mail (of course after the new configuration is read by
> Gnus)
>
> If sending email is still taking time then there is something wrong in
> the Gnus configuration itself; not a mail-server issue.
>
> Similarly, you may test with local IMAP using dovecot.

My in/outbox is tiny.  There are about 10 items in all.  The delay
happens at Gnus start, when switching from inbox to gmane, sometimes on
sending to gmane.  I'll need to measure the delay if it happens on
sending email.  I don't really want to do a local SMTP, expecting a
rabbithole to madhat.

--
LoL,
  əə0@ 一 二 三 言 語 𝔖