Re: Emacs 28: Specific TTF font gets loaded with font-backend x instead

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 28: Specific TTF font gets loaded with font-backend x instead of ftcrhb
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 15:28:50 +0200

> From: Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:41:57 +0100
>
> By the way, if I enable ligatures, I get reproducible infloops or
> something alike.  The visual bell starts ringing/blinking, C-g won't
> help, and even with debug-on-{error,quit} I'm unable to get into the
> debugger.  I can reproduce that simply by starting Gnus and trying to
> enter a group but I got that also once with pushing my commits in Magit
> and sometimes when quitting emacs with C-x C-c.
>
> Attached is a GDB backtrace.

Some Lisp error happens during command processing.  We need to know
which error.  Try this:

  (gdb) frame 16
  (gdb) pp data

The number 16 may need to be changed, it should be the number of this
call-stack frame:

  #16 0x000055555566d191 in cmd_error (data=XIL(0x555558f70713)) at
keyboard.c:953

The command "pp" is defined in src/.gdbinit that comes with Emacs, so
if GDB says it doesn't recognize that command, do this:

  (gdb) source /path/to/emacs/src/.gdbinit

and then repeat the command.

If the above doesn't provide enough of a clue, I will need a
reproduction recipe (and please report this as a bug then).