Re: How to enforce unicode font for all charsets?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to enforce unicode font for all charsets?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 16:36:15 +0200

> From: Sergey Organov <sorganov@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 16:58:15 +0300
>
> I've installed Emacs 28.0.50 snapshot and behavior remains the same as in
> 26.1, so if it's a bug, it's still there in very recent versions.

Is the snapshot you installed using the HarfBuzz library?  (If it
does, you should see it in the output of "C-u C-x =".)  If it doesn't,
please try a build that does use HarfBuzz, which is now the default
font backend in Emacs, before you decide that the issue still exists
in the latest codebase.

Thanks.