Re: Observation on sizing up a rose

From: Tomas Nordin
Subject: Re: Observation on sizing up a rose
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:57:06 +0100

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

>     Tomas> Hi List
>     Tomas> I made a rose in a file,
>
>     Tomas> C-x C-f rose
>     Tomas> C-x 8 RET rose
>
>     Tomas> I sized it up to see how it looks like, C-x C-+ + + +
>
>     Tomas> It gets bigger and bigger, more and more beutiful, until +21
> whereby
>     Tomas> it's not a rose anymore but 01F339. It remains like that up to +25
> where
>     Tomas> it is back to being a rose again, very big.
>
>     Tomas> Just an observation.
>
> In which version of Emacs on what platform? C-h v
> system-configuration-features would help as well.

Sure, it was tried with emacs -Q on Gnu/Linux Debian. GNU Emacs 27.0.50
(build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5) of 2019-10-14

system-configuration-features is a variable defined in ‘C source code’.
Its value is
"XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP"

--
Tomas