Re: The function ‘cl-set-difference’ might not be defined at runtime

From: Jorge P . de Morais Neto
Subject: Re: The function ‘cl-set-difference’ might not be defined at runtime
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:17:07 -0300

Em [2020-04-14 ter 20:47:32+0200], Štěpán Němec escreveu:

> Did you have a look at that bug report?

I have looked at it just a few minutes ago, after reading Noam
Postavsky's reply.

> I thought the problem is described there at some length.  The simplest
> solution is probably to just (require 'cl-lib).

Yes, `(require 'cl-lib)` at top level placates Flycheck.  But for the
last drop of efficiency, I tried to `(require 'cl-lib)` inside the body
of the function that calls cl-set-difference, and put at the top level:

(declare-function cl-set-difference "cl-seq" (list1 list2 &rest cl-keys))

That does not placate Flycheck though.  Do you know why?  The 0.08s of
extra loading time will not kill anyone for sure (specially since this
is code for personal use and even I will use it only rarely), but if
there is an easy way to avoid it, I would like to know.

Regards
--
- <https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/>
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback.