Re: Graceful Gnus exit on Emacs exit

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Graceful Gnus exit on Emacs exit
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 07:38:40 -1000

> (defun gnus-exit ()
>   "Exit gnus without confirmation and return 't"
>   (let ((noninteractive 't)
>         (gnus-expert-user 't)
>         (gnus-interactive-exit 'quiet))
>     (gnus-group-exit) 't))
>
> (add-hook 'kill-emacs-hook 'gnus-exit)

If it's any consolation, I do what amounts to the exact same thing,
including avoiding the prompts. I've noticed one undesirable side
effect (and very likely it's just the rest of my setup causing it) ...
if I should happen to exit Gnus during my Emacs session, when I
terminate Emacs, Gnus starts up again just so it can shut down !

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i

- Via GNU/Linux/Emacs/Gnus/BBDB.