Re: Killed: 9

From: Mick Bert
Subject: Re: Killed: 9
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 10:30:21 +0200

Il 28/05/20 22:50, Brian White ha scritto:
I am a novice emacs user. I installed emacs via macports a couple of years ago.
Everything has been fine for the last couple of years. After a recent Xcode
update, I keep getting a 'Killed: 9' message when issuing the emacs command via
terminal. I’ve uninstalled Xcode and reinstalled, uninstalled emacs and
reinstalled, uninstalled command line tools and reinstalled, and even
reinstalled macOS. Other than a complete erase and install, I don’t know what
to do next. I also run emacs on a new MacBook Pro with the latest macport
version and up-to-date Xcode with no problems.

I am an user of both MacPort and Emacs, but I never thought about instaling Emacs throu MacPort, so I cannot help you on your direct problem.

Anyway, since years I have been useing Aquamacs [1] on my OSX ElCapitan, and I think it can be at least a temporary solution, until you restore your preferred Emacs installation.

[1] https://aquamacs.org/ <http://aquamacs.org/>

--
Mick