Re: How to set proxy for smtpmail.el ?

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: How to set proxy for smtpmail.el ?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 21:26:20 +0300

"numbchild@gmail.com" <numbchild@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm unable to send email with smtpmail.el

What do you use then?  mstmp(1) or something alike?  What is the reason behind
seeking a switch to smtpmail.el?

> I think it might be because of the internet censorship firewall in China.

This made me quite curious: why to choose a mail provider that is inaccessible
without tricks?  There is a lot mail providers besides Google.

> So I decided to use a proxy for smtpmail. I have not found the smtpmail
> options for setting proxy.

IIRC, Emacs have a very rudimentary support of proxies.  Namely, there is no
way to proxy a TLS stream, only a cleartext one.

In other words, there is really none.