Re: Help customising the behaviour of the new Tab Line mode

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Help customising the behaviour of the new Tab Line mode
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 16:26:33 +0200

    R> Issue 2) The second thing I am missing is the ability to reorder
    R> tabs. I actually do not touch the mouse for that. To get an idea of
    R> what I am looking for, open a few web pages in Firefox or Chromium,
    R> and then:

    R> - Press Ctrl+PageUp to move the current view a few pages to the right.
    R> - Press Ctrl+Shift+PageDown to move the current tab to the left,
exchanging its position with the previous tab.

    R> With key shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+PageUp and Ctrl+Shift+PageDown, I have
    R> got used to reordering tabs very quickly. It is like reordering your
    R> objects on your physical desktop to your liking, so that you always
    R> find everything quickly.

    tab-move is an alias for `tab-bar-move-tab' in `tab-bar.el'.

    It is bound to C-x t m.

    (tab-move &optional ARG)

    Move the current tab ARG positions to the right.
    If a negative ARG, move the current tab ARG positions to the left.

Obviously you can come up with your own bindings for this.

Robert