Re: Is there equivalent internal function for this list-has-elements?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is there equivalent internal function for this list-has-elements?
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:43:11 -0400

> Other question is, if there is any function other than pushnew, if I
> do not wish to use the pushnew?

Of course there is.  And if you don't like the name `pushnew`, for
example because it starts with the distateful "p", you can use
`cl-pushnew`, which also has the advantage of not being deprecated.

> I can maybe just make a check if element is in the list and then
> simply push?

You mean, do the same as `pushnew`?  Yes, of course.
You could also define a function or even a macro that does that
for you.  A good name for it could `my-pushnew` ;-)

        Stefan