Re: is there any vertical incremental completion in Emacs?

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: is there any vertical incremental completion in Emacs?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 20:44:17 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Helm works well but is also overkill.
> Maybe something similar already exists?

I use raven for vertical minibuffer buffer/recentf/project-file
completion (https://github.com/chameco/raven) which is pretty simple in
comparison to helm or ivy and works nicely.  It's easy to define custom
"sources" and "actions".

> I am looking into all available built-in packages that contain the
> word incremental, icomplete, ibuffer, allout, but I do not find what
> would be usable.

I don't think there's something like raven, helm, or ivy in emacs
although there's some feature/icomplete-vertical branch.

Bye,
Tassilo