Re: How to open full window programmatically?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to open full window programmatically?
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 09:12:41 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-12-03 09:01]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > (one-window-p)
>
> Oh la la, `one-window-p', didn't know about that one!
>
> Thank you, I should replace my (= 1 (count-windows)) :)
>
> > I do not know why first condition is not working every time
> > but every second time.
>
> Probably because the state changed (here, the window
> configuration), so there is a different behavior when invoking
> the function. Isn't that the idea? If the different behavior is
> undesired, well, debug it.

Sure but I write here when I cannot. Not when I can. Yes, probably
state changed, that is what you say.

My uptime is 2 days and 11 hours, and all states got chaned and are
weird. It is like dream.

- input-method changed and I cannot turn it off, so the state is not
changeable.

- symon-mode turned on, cannot be turned off. Not changeable.

- opened Dired, trying to edit file names but I can change only few of
  lines, others are read only, not reproducible with emacs -Q

There are serious bugs in Emacs that I cannot reproduce easily but
affect usage so much.

> Setup the windows and invoke it. Is the correct `cond' clause
> executed? If yes, does it do the right thing?

I do not think it is that easy under this environment where I am, you
may not have it.

We are debugging maybe memory leak, this Emacs is running under
LD_PRELOAD and I did not encountered yet problem I expected before one
day. My vsize is 3.4G and growing, and I still do not know what to do
with it.

Maybe this is bug related to state not changing back for input-method
and symon-mode and if I restart session it will simply work.