RE: set-frame-parameter

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: set-frame-parameter
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:31:13 -0800 (PST)

> > Do we know whether it was explicitly by design
> > that you can't change the frame size when it's
> > fullscreen without first turning off fullscreen?
> >
> > That seems odd to me, but perhaps it is by design
> > and there's a good reason for it.  If not, maybe
> > it should be fixed...
>
> With the X window system, that's the behavior for any maximized window,
> in all window managers I used.  Dunno if Emacs has a choice here, since
> resizing and moving are X things.

I meant should Emacs automatically turn off fullscreen if you issue a
frame-size change?  Wouldn't that be appropriate?  If not, maybe the doc for
each such size-changing function should say explicitly that it has no effect if
fullscreen is on.  (Maybe it already says that; I haven't checked.)

> How is the behavior in other `window-system's?

Dunno.