Re: Toggle appointment notification

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Toggle appointment notification
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 02:07:50 +0100

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

>> appointments I cannot find in either core Emacs or by
>> searching the [M]ELPAs [...]
>
> They are part of the built-in Calendar and Diary. The file's
> name is "appt.el", located in "lisp/calendar", and they are
> described in the user manual,
>
>   (info "(emacs) Appointments")

Thanks :)

I always thought I didn't need a diary because my memory was
so good. Now it isn't half as good and to be honest maybe it
wasn't THAT good even then (tho good) so maybe one should have
a diary.

OTOH all e-mail form a diary WRT your computer life. Maybe in
the USENET days it reflected to a higher degree also other
asex I mean aspects to your life.

No, writing long diary things, that was what people did BEFORE
computers, right? The damn blank white paper was the computer
in combination with a brain, hand, and pen. (And rulers and
stuff for engineers, tables for math/stats people ... girls
without boyfriends I don't know what gear they used but I'm
sure they had it or worked it out)

Anyway so no thanks for me, maybe one could just write down
single words, to help remembering? like "brunette Italian"...
OK, maybe THAT one would remember anyway, hey, the memory isn't
_that_ bad just because it isn't what it used to be, right?

When there are more memories than dreams, does that mean you
are getting old? I wonder how you'd quantify that tho...

  (< (how-many 'dreams) (how-many 'memories))

DNC :(

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573