Re: command-log-mode

From: steve-humphreys
Subject: Re: command-log-mode
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 14:19:49 +0100

Has anyone got an idea how to put the command-log window at the bottom
rather than at the side?

Have added a vertical window split by making

clm-open-clogbfr-vertically

I then call it from clm/toggle-command-log-buffer

Yet, the window is still being displayed horizontally.

(defun clm-open-clogbfr-vertically (&optional arg)
"Opens (and creates, if non-existant) a buffer used for logging keyboard
commands.
If ARG is non-nil, the existing command log buffer is cleared."
(interactive "P")
(with-current-buffer
(setq clm-command-log-buffer
(get-buffer-create " *command-log*"))
(text-scale-set 1))
(when arg
(with-current-buffer clm-command-log-buffer
(erase-buffer)))
(let ((new-win (split-window-vertically
(- 0 command-log-mode-window-size))))
(set-window-buffer new-win clm-command-log-buffer)
(set-window-dedicated-p new-win t)))

;;;###autoload
(defun clm/toggle-command-log-buffer (&optional arg)
"Toggle the command log showing or not."
(interactive "P")
(when (and command-log-mode-open-log-turns-on-mode
(not command-log-mode))
(if command-log-mode-is-global
(global-command-log-mode)
(command-log-mode)))
(with-current-buffer
(setq clm-command-log-buffer
(get-buffer-create " *command-log*"))
(let ((win (get-buffer-window (current-buffer))))
(if (windowp win)
(clm-close-command-log-buffer)
;; Else open the window
(clm-open-clogbfr-vertically arg)))))