Re: branch feature/native-comp

From: AW
Subject: Re: branch feature/native-comp
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 19:15:41 +0100

Am Montag, 11. Januar 2021, 00:49:55 CET schrieb Óscar Fuentes:

> It is --with-nativecomp, but see below.

> > Is there a way to get this native-compiled feature into an Emacs working
> > under wayland?
>
> You can try creating a new branch that merges those two.

Somebody already did that. I got the hint here:

https://deathwish.info/2020/08/01/pgtk-nativecomp/

and the source is here: https://github.com/fejfighter/emacs

Cloned with

git clone -b pgtk-nativecomp https://github.com/fejfighter/emacs

and compiled, works! Got lots (354) of *.eln files in ~/.emacs.d/eln-chache

@Óscar: Thank you very much, because the option for configuring was, as you
mentioned, --with-nativecomp !

For the impatient: the main work was to get libgccjit onto my system.

Regards,

Alexander