Highlight Directories in Eshell

From: Lorenzo Isella
Subject: Highlight Directories in Eshell
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 00:45:06 +0100

Dear All,
This must be a one-liner, but I am afraid to mess things up.
I run debian stable on my box and I have recently installed the alect theme
from MELPA.

In my emacs file I have a line

(load-theme 'alect-dark t)

and in general I quite like this theme.
The only thing that annoys me is that in eshell, when I do and ls, the ouput
does not color in a different way single files and directories.
How can I change this?
My emacs file is a bit (or more than a bit) messy, but I did not find anything
else which tampers with the colors of eshell, so it must be a choice of the
alec theme.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Cheers

Lorenzo