Help configuring a keyboard for Emacs

From: Juan Herrera
Subject: Help configuring a keyboard for Emacs
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:48:58 +0100

Hello, I'm new to Emacs and I have trouble using its keybindings. I
have a regular keyboard and the Control key is far away from the rest
of the keys so it's difficult to press the keyboard shortcuts easily.

How do you configure and press keys on your keyboard? Could you
explain which fingers (also left or right hand) you use to press
things like C-f, C-M-a, etc.? Do you use a standard keyboard or
something special?

Thanks.