Re: "split-sentences"?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: "split-sentences"?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 11:48:49 +0200

> From: Tomas Hlavaty <tom@logand.com>
> Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 10:07:06 +0100
>
> Does emacs expose unicode text functions?

It does expose some of them, although not necessarily under the names
used by the UCS.

> For example to classify characters, determine graphemes, words,
> sentences, line breaks etc?

We have get-char-code-property for Unicode character properties and
find-composition for finding grapheme clusters (Emacs doesn't care
about graphemes, unless you use these two terms as aliases).  For
words, sentences, and line breaks, we use our own definitions, and
generally don't support the Unicode delimiters like U+2028.