Re: ediff control frame doesn't start with focus

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: ediff control frame doesn't start with focus
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 22:06:02 +0100

Joe Riel <joer@san.rr.com> writes:

> When launching ediff (emacs 26.1) the floating frame that controls the
> session isn't automatically being selected, I have to do so manually.
> Is there a way to configure it so that it is selected at the launch?

As far as I recall, the behavior you want is the default behavior, and
has been for a long time.

The control frame is only not selected if it is already existing and
iconified, or if `ediff-use-long-help-message' is set to a non-nil
value, or if your window manager prevents Emacs from setting input
focus.

Could one of these points be true for you?

Michael.