display-buffer-alist actions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: display-buffer-alist actions
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 17:44:20 +0000

Hello all,

I've read and re-read the documentation for display-buffer-alist and I
cannot quite understand it.  I have the following, which works:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq display-buffer-alist
        '(("^\\*Async Shell Command*" . (display-buffer-no-window))
          ("some regexp that works fine"
           (display-buffer-in-side-window)
           (window-width . 0.28)
           (side . left)
           (slot . 0))))
#+end_src

I have two monitors, one in landscape for which the above is ideal,
although I do not quite understand it.  I got it from somewhere on the
Interweb...

In any case, my other monitor is portrait and I would rather set the
width and the side to be bottom for windows on that monitor.  Is it
possible to have a conditional of some sort in the list of conses, one
where I would look at the frame width and height?

(I use exwm, by the way.)

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.4 on Debian bullseye/sid