emacsclient and sudo

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: emacsclient and sudo
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 18:48:54 +0100

Hi all,
when I start my emacsclient I can see all the colors I've setup for
fonts and faces. However, when I start it thru sudo (e..g, to quickly
edit a file with privileges instead of using tramp) all my settings
seem to be gone.
So far, I'm starting it normally (without sudo) and use tramp to edit
a file with sudo, but sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain
and I type "sudo emacs ...".
I suspect sudo is doing something to prevent emacs to start with my
settings, even if my home environment is kept.

Anyone else dealing with this?

Thanks,
Luca