Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Finding last *Async Shell Command* buffer?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 23:59:18 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-03-25 23:55]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> >> (defun switch-to-async-buffer ()
> >>   (interactive)
> >>   (switch-to-buffer-regexp "\*Async Shell Command\*") )
> >
> > Thanks for attempt. It is switching somewhere, true, but not
> > the last one, seem random or catching first buffers
> > among hundreds.
>
> Nope. Same order that they appear in *Buffer List*.

But you did get idea that order of creation of buffers is not really
numbered? When buffer 1 is created, 2 and 3, and buffer 2 deleted,
next buffer created becomes 2, and not 4, if you have 200 such
buffers, maybe 15, 18, 19, 112, and 113 were killed, and now populated
with recent buffers, but there is no way of knowing which one is
recent one to quickly look into standard output of the async command.

The last one is what is useful, or browsing through last few.

I am almost there, I just don't know how to assign it to command that
it works.