Re: RMS Setup

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: RMS Setup
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 00:24:55 +0300

* Caleb Herbert <csh@bluehome.net> [2021-03-28 00:03]:
> נכתב על ידי Philip Kaludercic, ב־26.3.2021 בשעה 18:12:
> > As others have said, he uses Rmail.
> I have not received messages from others
> >      http://ruzkuku.com/texts/rmail.html
>
> This guide is a bit opaque, calling outside scripts and assuming one has
> read the man page. It reminds me of the cross-reference-heavy Arch Wiki,
> as opposed to the self-contained FreeBSD Handbook.

It looks as a well written page on Rmail. I guess author of that page
is proposing one of methods for users how to send email, in that case
sendmail I guess, as it uses msmtp. So the method has to be specified
in Emacs and some methods have to use external command, for example
`sendmail'.

Hide Message Send Mail Function:
Choice:
( ) message--default-send-mail-function
        Use the setting of ‘send-mail-function’ if applicable.
(*) message-send-mail-with-sendmail
        Send off the prepared buffer with sendmail.
( ) message-send-mail-with-mh
        Send the prepared message buffer with mh.
( ) message-send-mail-with-qmail
        Pass the prepared message buffer to qmail-inject. More
( ) message-smtpmail-send-it
        Send the prepared message buffer with ‘smtpmail-send-it’. More
( ) smtpmail-send-it
( ) feedmail-send-it
        Send the current mail buffer using the Feedmail package. More
( ) message-send-mail-with-mailclient
        Send the prepared message buffer with ‘mailclient-send-it’. More
( ) Other: ignore

You may read the self contained manual for Rmail in Emacs Manual, you
may evaluate this: (info "(emacs) Rmail") where you will get
instructions:

33 Reading Mail with Rmail
**************************

Rmail is an Emacs subsystem for reading and disposing of mail that you
receive.  Rmail stores mail messages in files called Rmail files.
Reading the messages in an Rmail file is done in a special major mode,
Rmail mode, which redefines most letters to run commands for managing
mail.

   Emacs also comes with a much more sophisticated and flexible
subsystem for reading mail, called Gnus.  Gnus is a very large package,
and is therefore described in its own manual, see *note (gnus)Top::.

* Menu:

* Basic: Rmail Basics.       Basic concepts of Rmail, and simple use.
* Scroll: Rmail Scrolling.   Scrolling through a message.
* Motion: Rmail Motion.      Moving to another message.
* Deletion: Rmail Deletion.  Deleting and expunging messages.
* Inbox: Rmail Inbox.        How mail gets into the Rmail file.
* Files: Rmail Files.        Using multiple Rmail files.
* Output: Rmail Output.      Copying messages out to files.
* Labels: Rmail Labels.      Classifying messages by labeling them.
* Attrs: Rmail Attributes.   Certain standard labels, called attributes.
* Reply: Rmail Reply.        Sending replies to messages you are viewing.
* Sort: Rmail Sorting.       Sorting messages in Rmail.
* Display: Rmail Display.    How Rmail displays a message; customization.
* Coding: Rmail Coding.      How Rmail handles decoding character sets.
* Editing: Rmail Editing.    Editing message text and headers in Rmail.
* Digest: Rmail Digest.      Extracting the messages from a digest message.
* Rot13: Rmail Rot13.        Reading messages encoded in the rot13 code.
* Movemail::                 More details of fetching new mail.
* Remote Mailboxes::         Retrieving mail from remote mailboxes.
* Other Mailbox Formats::    Retrieving mail from local mailboxes in