Re: There is a docker image of GNU Emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: There is a docker image of GNU Emacs?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 16:32:30 +0200

황병희 wrote:

> Hi i would like to test GNU Emacs 27.2 possibly with docker
> image. Currently my OS is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Any comments
> welcome!!!

Heh, docker?

Get the source and compile, Emacs is super-easy to compile,
even I can do it, so you sure can. It doesn't interrupt with
anything, get source, try, and discard if you are defecting
to vim or something.

You can get the source from your distro's repos

  apt-get source $emacs

but better just download it:

   http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/gnu.org/gnu/emacs/

23.4 is my personal fav