Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languag

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languages
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 19:27:30 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-09 16:00]:
> Do you have a list to what commands you find useful for
> outline-minor-mode?

Luckily one can use outline-minor-mode on outline.el to find easier
those functions.

> Perhaps me can formalise them and update outline-minor-mode with new
> keys.

I don't think it should be updated, it is enough for users to
customize their key bindings. The TAB that you are very much used to
has its quite different meaning in different mode like emacs-lisp-mode
and it would really disturt to change key bindings all the time when I
switch to outline-minor-mode and back.

> Do not like the idea of an additional minor mode of a current minor
> mode.

But you like the outline-minor-mode

> I would think that many struggle with the long and awkward
> keybindings provided as default.

I can think that you barely use TAB in Emacs Lisp, but I use it very
frequently to indent the lines, including to indent lines when region
is active, and often I may use it on the whole marked buffer.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/