Re: [native-compile] Debugging external package

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [native-compile] Debugging external package
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 16:16:08 +0300

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 13:39:31 +0200
>
>     x:/pathto/.emacs.d/elpa/powerline-20210428.1229/powerline.el:
>     Error: List contains a loop ("22", . #0)
>     Compilation finished.
>
> How can I get more info about the error from the compiler?

Start by reporting this as a bug, I'd say.  You might be asked to
provide more details if needed, but that isn't 100% sure, it could be
that Andrea will see the problem right away.

> I looked throught comp.el and the possible variables provided there are
> "intended for debugging the compiler itself".

The most important one is the one which causes libgccjit to emit a
reproducer.  But you don't need to do that unless asked.