Re: How to revert buffer from "Save file?" prompt?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to revert buffer from "Save file?" prompt?
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 17:28:13 +0300

> From: Sergey Organov <sorganov@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2021 17:24:14 +0300
>
> When I have a modified buffer and run, say "compile", emacs asks to:
>
> Save file /home/osv/f/firm/make/defaults.make? (y, n, !, ., q, C-r, d or C-h)
>
> and the set of choices doesn't seem to include "discard changes", or
> "revert buffer" in emacs terminology.
>
> What is the most convenient way to revert this particular buffer once
> I'm there at this prompt?

Why do you need to revert?  If you answer 'n' (= NO), the compilation
will use the version on disk, without saving your edits.  You can
later revert the buffer, but that's a separate operation.

IOW, if all you want is to revert the buffer _without_ compiling, just
type C-g to abort "M-x compile" and then revert.