"append" setting changes face of comments used as headlines in outline-m

From: arvid-harnack
Subject: "append" setting changes face of comments used as headlines in outline-minor-mode
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 14:21:03 +0200 (CEST)

Have noticed that when I set "outline-minor-mode-highlight" to "append", the
code highlighting

takes effect.  Besides the code highlighting however, the comments are also
reset to the code highlighting

for comments.  This means that comments used as headings all look like normal
comments, even though outline-minor-mode should  highlight them with different
colours.

Then I changed "outline-minor-mode-highlight" to "override".  This highlighted
the comments used for headings, but then the code highlighting for "(defvar"
and "(defun" uses just one colour.

It would be very beneficial for "outline-minor-mode" to highlight comments used
for headlines whilst

keeping code highlighting for code structures intact.