Re: Printing as documentation

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Printing as documentation
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:34:14 +0200

philip-agee wrote:

> I am really wondering about the utility of the two functions
> below, which seem
>
> to be doing the same thing, at least from my perspective.

Examine what the _individual functions_ are doing.

You should be able to answer like this for every line of code
you ever write: "at line n, I use function X with args
Y because I want to accomplish Z".

This is how you know what your code does - knowing the
individual building blocks - not bunching together functions
like you do, from other planets, almost, then comparing the
"result" to another piece of code, written in the same style!

That method doesn't work and it will never work.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal