Re: Gnus configuration

From: Edouard Debry
Subject: Re: Gnus configuration
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 09:40:26 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Eric S Fraga wrote:
>
>>> It seems interesting if the agent caches all articles but
>>> without marking them as cached. Is it the case ?
>>
>> Yes. The agent provides a separate mark (i.e.
>> different column in the summary line, not interfering with
>> other marks like A and R).
>
> Can't one have one place holder/possible indicator for every
> state (at least those who are independent of each other) - if
> there are two many of them that won't matter actually because
> the user can still configure `gnus-summary-line-format' to not
> show them if it gets too much, and the default value won't
> have to change, either.

I do not really understand what you are saying here. My issue is that
the "reply" or "forward" marks are hidden by the cache mark when the
message is indeed cached. Removing the secondary mark would remove all
of them. What I want is to distinguish the cache mark from others.

> Because this problem feels ... unworthy of software of this
> caliber, somehow.

I do not understand

> Like in the docstring to gnus-summary-line-format
>
>   %C          "*" if the article is cached, "" otherwise

C-h v RET gnus-summary-line-format RET

I did not see this. But it would not be useful to solve my problem : %R
gathers many marks, including the cache mark which takes precedence when
article is cached.

> ?

Regards