Re: C-h w undo RET says "undo". Where is it?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: C-h w undo RET says "undo". Where is it?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 08:57:51 +0200

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> Emacs tells me that `undo' is bound to several keys.
> Personally, I use C-/ almost exlusively, but C-h w undo RET
> says that it's also bound to <undo>. Where is that key?
> More precisely, can anyone show me an example of a keyboard
> (preferably a modern one, not a historical curiosity)
> possessing such a key?

For the answer, please Google Image "Sun Microsystems
Type 6 Keyboard", they have a little section of keys to the
left of the familiar keys, in all 2*5 = 10 extra keys, and the
Undo key is the second one from the top in the right column.

They were (and probably still is) everywhere at my university
who currently runs SunOS 5.10. Back then, I used them so much
I got to like them equally much, so I went to the caretakers
and they all agreed I could take 2 of them, one I gave to
a friend so I don't know what happened to that, the other
I used for a while and I did use and even program the extra
keys to do cool things - however it was actually somewhere
around then I landed at my "close-and-short" attitude, where
I never want my fingers to leave the asdf and jkl; positions,
and if they do, it shouldn't be by much and moving and finger
shouldn't require the others to move as well - anyway that's
right, that would be the opposite of the "Type 6" approach...

Now I have a gaming keyboard without every playing games.
It is the Logitech G Pro Tenkeyless and so it happened I got
to program that as well :)

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/kb/kb-full-group.conf
https://dataswamp.org/~incal/kb/kb-bright-small.conf
https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/led-kb