Re: Create a complete/huge dictionary for aspell.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Create a complete/huge dictionary for aspell.
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 09:29:04 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> This time, the expected word really appread in the correct
> ispell's popup dropdown menu, as shown in the attachment.
> But I still can't understand the following question: since
> I've added the correct rarely used word to the personal
> dictionary, why we still need the installation of the
> big/huge/insane dictionaries, such as iamerican-insane?

Uhm, I'm not sure I follow, probably not, right?

But basically you want the iamerican-insane to get everything
you can as easily as possible, the rest I don't know any other
way than to add them one by one by using them and then, with
the the ispell interface in Emacs, have them end up in you
local dictionary, to complement any "insanity" left out that
you feel you have it inside you to contribute...

A good idea actually with one little issue, why are everyone
expected to do this all the time and over and over? every year
every person "insane" should send their locals upstream to
level up insanity at headquarters, so we can even easier get an
even bigger list.

I think that actually, because of proximity in time, space,
and interests/hobbies/activities (computers) it is possible
the very same words are being added from that world over
and over!

Or does something actually happen with all that "silent
feedback"?

PS. Can you believe any other software get that much active
    feedback, and then never care about it? So I hope that
    isn't what happens but I sure never agreed anywhere they
    could use mine so I guess it doesn't!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal