Re: Metal Mercury Mode: Library not found

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Metal Mercury Mode: Library not found
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 21:46:11 +0200

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

>> It seems Metal Mercury Mode requires dash which is another 3rd-party
>> package.  So you need to install that as well.  You can install it
>> from MELPA using the package manager.
>
> You can also install it from GNU ELPA, of course.

Gosh, obviously I've checked list-packages first to determine it was
also listed for GNU ELPA but it isn't.  If you have MELPA as an
additional archive, aren't the ELPA versions listed anymore if the
package is provided by both?  I'm pretty sure packages used to be listed
for both but usually the MELPA one "won" because of the astronomical
version number.

Bye,
Tassilo