Re: Emacs 27 - Changing the "selective display character" (also called "

From: A M
Subject: Re: Emacs 27 - Changing the "selective display character" (also called "ellipsis")
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 12:42:41 +0200

Hello

Sorry, there was one thing I forgot to mention which is a requirement for the problem to appear. I have also enabled automatic byte-compilation, using the following line of lisp code:

;; Automatic byte-compilation when starting emacs.
(byte-recompile-directory (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d") 0)

A minimal emacs dotfile that demonstrates my described problem is thus the code snippet I gave in the first message combined with the one above. (I am checking that myself right now.) It is when an init.elc has been generated I get this error specifically in Emacs 27.

I will attach the error message I get in Emacs and also the stack trace from 'emacs --debug-init', please see the attached file.

Eli, yes you guess correctly. invoke "C-x $" with a numeric argument on init.el as a way of testing.