Re: How to disable undo recording within a defun?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to disable undo recording within a defun?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 13:54:40 +0200

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> It's very unusual to disable recording undo, and it is
> usually problematic because the undo-records before and
> after the chunk you want to skip can't be used together
> unless the chunk you skip ends up doing "nothing".

Reminds me of world-finance.el where you can transfer huge
sums of money yet do some handy "undoing" in the middle and
most often people are so ignorant and busy anyway mostly up to
no good they don't notice the missing billion in between all
the same ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal