Re: [GNU ELPA] Map version 3.2

From: John Cummings
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] Map version 3.2
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 04:01:22 +0000

Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:
> John Cummings john@rootabega.net writes:
> > On Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 at 5:03 PM, ELPA update
> > do.not.reply@elpa.gnu.org wrote:
> > > Version 3.2 of package Map has just been released in GNU ELPA.
> >
> > Thanks for the update! I haven't knowingly used this package before,
> > so I downloaded it.
>
> Just be sure: map.el was also already part of your Emacs, correct?

Yes, my 26.3 distribution came with map 1.2 built in, I had just never
used it directly.

> > I first noticed it here, on my 26.3 Ubuntu build of Emacs, when I
> > visited a place with dir locals, and got this error:
> > Error reading dir-locals: (cl-no-applicable-method map-into
> > #s(hash-table size 65 test equal rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold
> > 0.8125 data (nil ((tab-width . 8) (sentence-end-double-space . t)
> > (fill-column . 70) (bug-reference-url-format
> > . "https://debbugs.gnu.org/%s";)))) list)
>
> Does that still happen after restarting Emacs?

Yes, it happens whenever I start Emacs with these versions of map
loaded.

If you have comparable versions, are you seeing something similar?
I think that would have to be the case, unless there's a way to
update cl-generic. I don't see any updated versions on GNU ELPA
though.

Thank you for replying!