RE: Issues installing packages from melpa

From: Akber Khan
Subject: RE: Issues installing packages from melpa
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 15:27:59 +0000

HI Phil,

The mode line says "Package Menu: Loading" - when I press 'g' to refresh the
contents, the following appears in the *Messages* buffer:

Importing package-keyring.gpg...done

But the ": Loading" status never goes away. And again when I click on any of
the gnu packages, I get either this message:

Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443
gnutls.el: (err=[-54] Error in the pull function.) boot: (:priority
NORMAL:%DUMBFW :hostname elpa.gnu.org :loglevel 0 :min-prime-bits nil
:trustfiles (/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt) :crlfiles nil :keylist nil
:verify-flags nil :verify-error nil :callbacks nil)

or this one:

Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:443
gnutls.el: (err=[gnutls-e-invalid-session] The specified session has been
invalidated for some reason.) boot: (:priority NORMAL:%DUMBFW :hostname
elpa.gnu.org :loglevel 0 :min-prime-bits nil :trustfiles
(/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt) :crlfiles nil :keylist nil :verify-flags
nil :verify-error nil :callbacks nil)

- Akber Khan