Re: Trojan Source detection/highlight in Emacs?

From: Anders Munch
Subject: Re: Trojan Source detection/highlight in Emacs?
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 08:52:52 +0000

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>> A simple and straightforward way to do that is to highlight any
>> non-ASCII char, and to render all the "non printing" chars (such as
>> RIGHT-TO-LEFT OVERRIDE) as tofu or something like that (otherwise, the
>> highlighting applied to it wouldn't be visible).
>
> That's already available, no changes needed.

Can we get a recipe, please?
For the "non-printing" chars part that is - I certainly wouldn't want to ruin
all non-ASCII text, homoglyphs be damned.

I tried customising bidi-paragraph-direction, setting it to 'left-to-right, but
I'm not seeing any effect, despite the docstring saying it /forces/
directionality. I guess it just sets a default, and explicit bidi control
characters take precedence.

regards, Anders