Re: Passwords -- Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Passwords -- Re: Noob dumb question (extending emacs)
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 23:00:24 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>> Try feh for a more configurable viewer.
>
> I found `sxiv' much handier, after long term usage of `feh'.

It is very common, sure, but just not as configurable as
feh(1).

> No aversion at all. But if something works in Emacs Lisp,
> I will not use external program. It is natural.

Well, pwgen(1) also works, of course. But that's not the only
tendency at work here and not the most powerful one either.

And BTW shell tools in general also work from Emacs/Elisp.
Emacs is itself a shell tool, a very powerful/versatile and
perhaps an atypical one, sure, but still.

> It is as good as it can be.
>
> (rcd-password) ⇒ "jLYRd+9ntSvHacClVuP]" -- obviously random.
> You have my algorithm published, try to guess the next one.
> If you cannot guess, there is no proof that it is "not
> good".

That has already been proven but not in that way, which hardly
would be considered a proof anyway.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal