Re: Building --with-native-compilation on Ubuntu 18.04 LT

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Building --with-native-compilation on Ubuntu 18.04 LT
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 00:39:00 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>>> The only hint I found is on StackExchange with a recipe
>>> for Ubuntu 18.04 using gcc-10. Do you know if it is really
>>> necessary to install such a new version of gcc? (A problem
>>> is that gcc-10 is not readily available in the
>>> Ubuntu repo.)
>>
>> The problem with gcc 7 is known ant the author recommends
>> gcc 9 or newer:
>
> FWIW, I'm a happy user of GCC 7 and the corresponding
> libgccjit on a Trisquel GNU/Linux box.

So you have migrated here finally?

Well, you came to the right place :)

Trisquel GNU/Linux ... based on Ubuntu with the non-free
stuff removed! [1]

Maybe you can do that with Debian by removing the "non-free"
words from /etc/apt/sources.list ... it should be that way,
at least! NixOS perhaps ...

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisquel

--
underground experts united