Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 03:13:10 +0100

>> One good way to comply is the package I made for friend
>> from Sweden:
>>
>> your hjälpsam Package Header Assistant
>> https://hyperscope.link/3/7/7/3/0/Your-hjälpsam-Package-Header-Assistant-37730.html
>
> Hahaha :D
>
> "hjälpsam" = helpful

Very good!

Only this:

(defun package-header-ask-keywords ()
  "Ask author for package keywords."
  (let ((keywords '())
        (keyword))
    (while (string-match "[^[:blank:]]"
                         (setq keyword
                               (completing-read "Keywords: "
(package-header-keywords) nil t)))
      (push keyword keywords))
    (when keywords
      (mapconcat 'identity (sort keywords #'string<) " "))))

In the prompt string, maybe it is a good idea to mention how
to quit? Type nothing just hit RET? Since/if every pack should
have at least one keyword, the first PS could be

  Keyword: [TAB to complete]

(note the singular form)

after that it could be

  Keyword: [RET to quit]

Then, remove duplicates from the result, I say this because
when I tried the software it took three times to figure out
that was how it worked, at first I thought it didn't register,
so when I finally quit it said

:)

--
underground experts united