Re: Can I hire someone to fix my Gnus? (contd)

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Can I hire someone to fix my Gnus? (contd)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 19:13:33 -0800

Joseph Fineman via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> Dear help-gnu-emacs:
>
> I have used GNU Emacs since 1986, and Gnus since 2000.  At present I
> use Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w-64-mingw32) under Cygwin (64 bit)
> 2.0.2(0.287/5/3) under Windows 10.0 Pro (64 bit), build 10240 (1511).
> My ISP is Verizon, but, as a result of a deal Verizon made with AOL
> when Verizon stopped handling email, AOL now handles my email though I
> still have the Verizon address.

Not able to help you directly, but a thought was that, since you appear
to be reading email via POP, try temporarily deactivating all your Gnus
settings in your .emacs and try to setup Rmail instead.  The idea is to
take Gnus out of the loop, but see if that fixes POP.  Please make a
backup of your .emacs before doing this so that you can get back to
where you were.

--
David Masterson