Question Regarding Using 'ewal' To Change Emacs Themes On The Fly

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Question Regarding Using 'ewal' To Change Emacs Themes On The Fly
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 10:35:43 -0500

Hey there,

I ask because I wanted to change things up a bit to change Emacs themes on the
fly.

I found this page, but am having trouble actually figuring out how to use it:
https://github.com/wurosh/ewal

So far, I have the following present within the my literate config:
*** 'ewal' for 'pywal' type Emacs theme selection
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (use-package ewal
    :ensure t
    :init (setq ewal-use-built-in-always-p nil
ewal-use-built-in-on-failure-p t
ewal-built-in-palette "sexy-material"))
#+end_src

I also have this present for 'Spaceline':
*** 'Spaceline' Modeline
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (use-package spaceline
    :ensure t
    :config
    (require 'spaceline-config)
    (setq powerline-default-separator (quote arrow))
    (spaceline-spacemacs-theme))
#+END_SRC

I also have this within my 'init.el' to specify the font:
(custom-set-faces
;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
'(default ((t (:inherit nil :extend nil :stipple nil :inverse-video nil :box
nil :strike-through nil :overline nil :underline nil :slant normal :weight
normal :height 125 :width normal :foundry "1ASC" :family "hack")))))
*
*
*Main Problem:*
 * I enabled that 'ewal' package, but have zero clue on how to actually enable
it or use it in this context.
 * I've use 'pywal' a few years ago to change '~/.Xresources' on the fly with a
few tmux and bash scripts which is super fun.
 * However, I have zero clue on how to actually do this within Emacs itself.
*
*
*Main Goal:*
 * My goal is to somehow to use Spacemacs type themes but with different color
sets since I like the 'Spacemodeline' package a ton, and I also want the same
theme to be applied to 'Helm' as well.
*
*
*Main Questions:*
Q1. I was wondering, does anyone have a working 'use-package' related Emacs
config that's using 'ewal'?

Q2. Can anyone help me figure out the workflow for this scenario as well, since
I actually only use an Emacs config that I pull from a Git repo but
deliberately don't make changes on other machines to prevent having weird Git
branch versioning issues.

Thanks,

Sam