Re: Customisation for Comments

From: fatiparty
Subject: Re: Customisation for Comments
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 00:37:49 +0100 (CET)

Feb 10, 2022, 10:59 by help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org:

> Am using modus-vivendi theme to which I add a bold font for everything.
>
> I want a special customisation for comments, using normal weight, and having
> a keybinding that changes the
> contrast ratio between the comment colour and the background.
>
> Had started writing a minor mode, but this seems to be a non-standard
> implementation. What would be the
> appropriate way to customise comments as described. Any examples I can use?

In the elisp manual you can find how the recommended way is to derive a mode
from anexisting one using define-derived-mode.  If there is no closelyrelated
mode, you should inherit from either text-mode,special-mode, or prog-mode.
Ifnone of these are suitable, you can inherit from fundamental-mode.

Although I have not done this myself, and so unaware of the details.