Re: Typo in Emacs 29 manual?

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Typo in Emacs 29 manual?
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 16:13:52 -0500

The two described behaviors are mutually exclusive.  The opening

> Typing ‘C-x C-j’ (‘dired-jump’) in any buffer will open a Dired buffer...

is imprecise (to wit the next sentence).  Perhaps better might be:

Typing ‘C-x C-j’ (‘dired-jump’) in a Dired buffer will move up a level
and move point to the previous directory’s line.  Typing ‘C-x C-j’
(‘dired-jump’) in any other kind of buffer will open a Dired buffer in
that same window and move point to the line corresponding to the
current file.  Typing ‘C-x 4 C-j’ (‘dired-jump-other-window’ has the
same effect but opens a new window for the Dired buffer.

Question: what if the original buffer is neither a Dired buffer nor a
buffer visiting a file?

--
John Yates
505 Tremont St, #803